Nachdem vor wenigen Wochen erst Carl Barât im Popblog seine Lieblingsplatten kund tat, freuen wir uns natürlich den nächsten Ex-Libertine in dieser Reihe begrüßen zu dürfen: John Hassall, ehemaliger Bassist der Libertines, dessen neue Band Yeti im Juli ihr wirklich hervorragendes erstes Album „The Legend Of Yeti Gonzales“ veröffentlichte und zu unserer Platte des Monats gekürt wurde.
* Your three favourite Punk singles/songs?
Sex pistols – Holidays in the Sun
The Clash – Spanish Bombs
The Stranglers – Something Better Change
* The La’s, The Stone Roses or The Coral – which one do you prefer and why?
The La’s, I think the other two bands are really good but for me the La’s are outstanding… they had great songs and a great sound.
* A record that will make you dance?
Anything by the Jackson Five
* Your favourite song by The Byrds?
* What was the best and what was the first gig you’ve ever attended?
The first gig was my friend’s brother’s band called Captain Aquarius…. I remember being terribly in awe of these older and worldly boys. They probably weren’t that good but the fact that they were out there playing music was so impressive. the best gig i’ve been to was Matthew Herbert and his big band at the tokyo liquid rooms. He’s got an interesting sound, backed up by good songs and his singer Danni Siciliano is great.
* Your favourite song by Peter Doherty?
the one about rabbit holes
(Anm.: „Through The Looking Glass“ dann wohl…)
* The worst record you bought last year?
Bach Greatest Hits
* Which song reminds you on London?
Anything from Abbey Road.
* The best song this year so far?
Tired of England – Dirty Pretty Things
….. it’s a bit nationalistic but it’s the only decent chorus that i’ve heard!
* The best „new“ band right now?
* Your favourite german song/record?
* Your favourite record of all time?
The Beatles – Sgt. Pepper
(John Hassall, Yeti)
Teil 1: Time For Heroes, Anfang 2005
Teil 2: Up The Bracket, Oktober 2002
Teil 3: The Gang Of Gin. And Milk., April 2006
Teil 4: Why Did You Break My Heart?, Mai 2006
Teil 5: Anywhere In Albion, September 2006
Teil 6: König wider Willen, Februar 2007
Teil 7: Das Ende des Konjunktivs, Oktober 2007
* Music When The Lights Go Out